Central America 2017: Costa Rica Eco Adventure End San Jose Summer 2017
Brochure Type: Central America 2017
All the iconic experiences of Costa Rica come together on this eco-adventure-visiting Tortuguero National Park, seeing Arenal Volcano and walking through the treetops at Monteverde Cloud Forest.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? meeting master chocolatiers Julio and George at their workshop in San Isidro de Heredia to see how they create their gourmet chocolate. In search of the finest techniques and cacao, they spent years training at Ecole Chocolat in Canada and Ecole du Gran Chocolate in France searching for a single organic source, before finding it on Costa Rica's Caribbean slopes. At Monteverde, meet a native Quaker who shares stories of old town.
- Scenic drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park.
- View Arenal Volcano
- Visit Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiqui and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve with its canopy skywalk
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 5 dinners.
- 4 lunches (including Be My Guest).
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Umbrellas provided for your use
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358031
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Arrive San Jose: Welcome to San José where your journey begins with a warm greeting from a local host at the airport and a transfer to your hotel. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Reception. Welcome Reception|
InterContinental Costa Rica
|Day 2||Tortuguero National Park||San Jose - Tortuguero National Park (2 Nights): After breakfast, head toward the small town of San Isidro de Heredia, where you are welcomed by master chocolatiers, Julio Fernandez and George Soriano, for a taste of gourmet chocolate, a Cultural Insight. Learn about the history of chocolate and how it is produced at this small workshop. Afterward, continue to Siquirres and embark on a river journey through the protected wetlands. Later, stroll the streets of Tortuguero Village and explore the fascinating Green Turtle Research Station. Enjoy dinner at the hotel this evening.Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
Laguna Lodge Tortuguero
|Day 3||Tortuguero National Park||Tortuguero National Park Sightseeing and Free Time: Glide through the canals and waterways of the park today as howler monkeys watch from the treetops, toucans and egrets fly through the air, and crocodiles ply the cool waters. If you're here in July, take an optional trip to see the sea turtles laying eggs on the beach.Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 4||Sarapiqui||Tortuguero - Sarapiqui: Board your boat and bid adiós to the park. Enjoy lunch along the way. Then visit a Tico family's palm plantation to learn about and sample the delicate heart of palm, a Cultural Insight. After a mid-afternoon arrival at your hotel, join your Travel Director on an easy hike looking for the exotic birds of this region. With a little luck, you may spot the endangered great green macaw. Your evening is free.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Sueno Azul Resort
|Day 5||Arenal||Sarapiqui - Arenal: For the early risers, there is time for an optional rafting trip. Or relax, sleep in and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area surrounding your lodge. Later, enjoy a special Be My Guest experience at an eco-friendly hacienda built by the Quintana family as a retirement project. Today, it is home to an organic farm, restaurant and related eco-adventures. The family welcomes you with lunch and shares stories of how their retirement dreams have benefited the local community. Afterward, depart to the town of La Fortuna de San Carlos, home of the colossal Arenal Volcano. Late this afternoon, spend time in the thermal pools of your resort as well as the gardens with beautiful birds. In the evening, relish some of the best views of the volcano as you enjoy a leisurely dinner.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Dinner|
Arenal Paraiso Resort and Spa
|Day 6||Monteverde Cloud Forest||Arenal - Monteverde Cloud Forest (2 Nights): Enjoy a free morning to sleep in or take an optional outing including a hike around Arenal, kayaking on Lake Arenal or visiting an ecological park and terrarium with over 200 species of reptiles, rare frogs and other amphibians as well as butterflies. Early this afternoon, head to the Monteverde Cloud Forest, straddling the Continental Divide, home to luxuriant vegetation, abundant wildlife, coffee plantations and spectacular views. Tonight, you'll meet a native Quaker, and Local Specialist, who will share stories of Old Town Monteverde.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
El Establo Mountain Hotel
|Day 7||Monteverde Cloud Forest||Monteverde Cloud Forest Sightseeing and Free Time: Join your guide for an excursion through the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Covering 26,000 acres of tropical rainforest, the Reserve consists of 6 ecological zones and offers extremely high biodiversity, consisting of over 2,500 plant species (including hundreds of orchid varieties), 100 species of mammals, 400 bird species, and 120 reptilian and amphibian species. Later, ascend to the treetops for a bird's-eye view of the forest on the unforgettable Sky Walk, a chain of 6 suspension bridges at canopy level. Tonight, trade stories of your experiences at a festive Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||San Jose||Monteverde San Jose: Transfer to either San Jose International Airports.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2016 departures will operate per the 2016 brochure. Hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class