Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Switzerland's indigo lakes and imposing Alpine backdrop seem to go on forever as you explore the shores of Geneva, Locarno and Montreaux, and enjoy the rugged beauty of the Alps in Zermatt. Cross Lucerne's Chapel Bridge, and the Italian border at Lake Lugano to enjoy a picturesque Italian Lakes setting, boarding a train from Tirano to St. Moritz for equally spectacular views.
- Orientation of Zurich and Lucerne
- View the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Jungfrauand Matterhorn mountains (weather permitting), Lake Maggiore, Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- Visit the Federal capital Berne, Montreux, the Castle of Chillon, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Interlaken and Brienz
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495261
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Arrive Zurich: Welcome to Zurich, Switzerland's financial centre. After check-in see the charm and beauty of this beautiful lakeside city during an orientation with your Travel Director, followed by a Welcome Reception and trip briefing with your fellow travelling companions.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Lake Geneva (Montreux)||Zurich - Berne - Lake Geneva (Montreux): Stop in Berne the capital city of Switzerland en route to Lake Geneva. Arrive this afternoon in the lakeside town of Montreux, famous for its annual Jazz festival. In your free time stroll along the flower-lined lakefront promenade, or watch the world go by at a pavement café. This evening, consider joining a dinner cruise on Lake Geneva - enjoy Swiss cuisine and views of the charming villages along the shoreline.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Zermatt||Lake Geneva (Montreux) - Chillon - Zermatt (2 Nights): This morning visit the picturesque Chillon Castle immortalised by Lord Byron's 'Prisoner of Chillon'. Continue your journey to Zermatt, inaccessible by coach, ascend to your hotel by electric mini-buses and taxis.Buffet Breakfast|
Best Western Plus Alpen
|Day 4||Zermatt||Zermatt: Enjoy the natural beauty of the Swiss Alps with your free day here in picturesque Zermatt. Why not join an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn where the views across the mountain peaks are spectacular. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Baveno||Zermatt - Baveno: Today leave Zermatt and views of the Matterhorn behind you as you travel to lakeside Baveno in Italy. On your way enjoy a delicious Be My Guest luncheon with a Swiss family in a small mountain village.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||St. Moritz||Baveno - St. Moritz: This morning travel along the shores of Lake Maggiore. Continue your journey back across the Swiss border and enter the Upper Engadine valley. Stop in the town of Tirano where you will board your train and start a spectacular alpine journey. Soak in the breathtaking scenery en route to the resort town of St. Moritz. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Lucerne||St. Moritz - Lucerne Orientation and Free Time (2 Nights): See Lake Zurich this morning as you make your way to Lucerne. View the Lion Monument and cross the iconic wooden Chapel Bridge to explore this picturesque town. In your free time explore the old city and shop for Swiss watches and chocolate, or perhaps take a cruise on the lake and ride the world's first Cabrio cable car to the top of Mount Stanserhorn.Buffet Breakfast|
Grand Europe Authentic Accommodation
|Day 8||Lucerne||Brienz and Interlaken Excursion: Travel to Interlaken which lies in the shadows of the Jungfrau Mountain. On your way stop in the village of Brienz end enjoy a Cultural Insight demonstration of wood carving. Once in Interlaken you'll have time for lunch and to explore. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your fellow travellers and Travel Director before returning to the hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: Say farewell to Switzerland and your new-found friends at the end of your alpine holiday. Transfers are available to Zurich airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Important Visa Information: This trip will visit Italy for a short period. Some passport holders may require double entry visas. Please speak with your travel agent at time of booking to assess your specific requirements.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class