Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Weave your way from Rome to the sun-kissed south and the Bay of Naples and Sorrento. Travel past the home of St. Francis of Assisi to romantic Venice, the beautiful Italian Lakes and golden hills of Tuscany before Florence.
- Assisi Orientation tour includes St. Francis' Basilica
- Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes Piazza della Signoria, Cathedral and Baptistery
- Italian Lakes Enjoy a free day with spectacular views
- Lugano Visit this magnificent lakeside resort
- Pisa View the Square of Miracles and the famous Leaning Tower
- Rome Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
- Siena Visit the Piazza del Campo famous for the Palio horse race
- Sorrento Visit a traditional inlaid wood workshop
- Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
- Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
- 12 buffet breakfasts
- 6 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495473
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Welcome to Rome. After check-in at your hotel, relax and unwind before meeting with your Travel Director in the afternoon. This evening why not take a stroll around this fascinating city and soak up the amazing atmosphere.|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing and Free Time: Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour of the city, starting with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica, one of the largest and most inspiring churches ever built. Your trip continues across the Tiber River with views of the iconic Colosseum and the ancient sites of Rome. Spend free time exploring the wonderful sights on your own. Perhaps take an Optional Experience offered by your Travel Director.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Bay of Naples||Rome - Bay of Naples (2 Nights): This morning perhaps join an Optional Experience to the Vatican Museums. Then journey south past the Abbey of Monte Cassino to the Bay of Naples, your home for the next two nights. This afternoon why not take an Optional Experience to Positano and the Amalfi Coast?Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Bay of Naples||Sorrento Excursion: Your excursion to the nearby resort of Sorrento starts with a visit to an inlaid wood workshop, for which the area is renowned. Later consider an Optional Experience to see the excavations of Pompeii, which lay undiscovered for centuries beneath a layer of volcanic ash after Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Assisi||Bay of Naples - Assisi: Drive through the rolling hills of Umbria to the mystical town of Assisi on the slopes of Mount Subasio, birthplace of St. Francis. Enjoy an orientation tour which includes St. Francis Basilica, renowned for its fresco paintings.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Venice (Oriago)||Assisi - Venice (Oriago) (2 Nights): Enjoy a scenic drive across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to the magical floating city of Venice. Dine at your hotel this evening.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Venice||Venice Orientation and Free Time: You are surrounded by magnificent sights and sounds as you cruise by private launch along the Giudecca canal to St. Mark's Square. Admire the Bridge of Sighs, the ornate Doge's Palace and the Basilica of St. Mark. Watch the Venetian craftsmen at work creating local specialities at a glassblowing workshop on Giudecca island. Explore the city during your free time or maybe take a trip to Burano Island in the lagoon for a delicious meal.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Italian Lakes||Venice (Oriago) - Verona - Lugano - Italian Lakes (2 Nights): Journey west to Verona, the setting for Shakespeare's most famous play, and stop to admire the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony. Continue across the Swiss border and visit the pretty lakeside resort of Lugano. Arrive at your hotel where you dine tonight.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Italian Lakes||Italian Lakes Free Day: Today you have a full day to enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Italian Lakes region.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Florence||Italian Lakes - Pisa - Florence (2 Nights): Cross the Apennine Mountains, travel along the Italian Riviera arriving in Pisa. Here we see the famous leaning tower in the Square of Miracles. Later arrive at your hotel near the Renaissance city of Florence. Tonight you may wish to enjoy a wonderful dinner in the Tuscan hills.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 11||Florence||Florence Sightseeing and Free Time: Florence is one of the liveliest and most creative cities in Europe and home to some of the world's greatest works of art and architecture. Your Local Specialist gives you an excellent account of the city's history during your walking tour, which includes views of the Baptistery, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the impressive Giotto's Bell Tower and a visit to Piazza della Signoria. Experience a demonstration of fine leatherwork and in your free time visit one of the many museums or simply relax and enjoy the ambience.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 12||Rome||Florence - Siena - Rome: Admire the beautiful scenery as you drive through the Chianti region of Tuscany to Siena, a medieval city famous for its biannual Palio horse race. Marvel at its rich heritage during your orientation tour. This evening in Rome you might like to mark the end of an enjoyable holiday with a meal out.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 13||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: This morning say 'arrivederci' to Italy, your Travel Director and fellow travellers as you prepare to return home with wonderful memories. Transfers are available to Rome Fiumicino airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class