USA and Canada Costsaver 2018: Fall Colours of New England Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
From historic Boston to quintessential Cape Cod and deep into rural New England explore picture postcard small towns steeped in rich autumn colours with their quaint homes, curiosity shops and towering white church steeples, this great value trip covers essential fall foliage with a few surprises along the way.
- Bennington Iconic Breakfast at the Apple Barn to taste freshly made cider donuts, Vermont cheddar and fresh picked apples
- Boston Set out along the Freedom Trail to see the historic sites
- Burlington Arrive in this picturesque town set on the shores of Lake Champlain
- Cape Cod Visit the seashore with its massive sand dunes and long sandy beaches
- Montpelier Stop at Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks for a sugar house visit and tasting of "sugar on snow," maple sugar served on ice with a pickle
- North Conway Discover this quintessential New England town full of historic buildings, quaint antique shops, bookstores and bakeries
- Portsmouth See the city sitting near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, a short, wide river that divides New Hampshire and Maine
- Woodstock Visit the town considered part of the "Quiet Corner," known for its "tranquility, history and pastoral good looks"
- 9 Breakfasts
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704191
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Arrive Boston: Welcome to Boston, known as "Beantown." Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.|
Holiday Inn Express, Saugus
|Day 2||Hyannis||Boston - Plymouth - Hyannis (2 Nights): This morning, enjoy a city tour of Boston's historic sites. Head out along the Freedom Trail to see Old North Church, Quincy Market and the site of the Boston Massacre. Drive by historic buildings including the Massachusetts State House and the impressive State Capitol near the top of Beacon Hill. From Boston, travel to Plymouth and Plymouth Plantation, a recreated 17th century village where costumed reenactors bring to life the history of the Plymouth Colon. Then set out for Cape Cod, an area of both natural beauty and quaint colonial villages. Arrive in Hyannis, made famous by the Kennedys.Continental Breakfast|
Riviera Beach Resort
|Day 3||Cape Cod and Provincetown||Cape Cod and Provincetown Excursion: This morning, travel along historic Old King's Highway, a scenic byway winding through centuries of Cape Cod history. Visit Cape Cod National Seashore, with massive sand dunes and long sandy beaches. Visit Provincetown at the tip of the Cape. Once a whaling town, it has become a popular summer resort. Enjoy some leisure time to browse through the galleries and arts and crafts shops or perhaps take an optional whale watching excursion.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Pittsfield||Hyannis - Pittsfield: Leave the Cape and head west to the towns and villages of Southeastern Massachusetts-home to over 14,000 acres (5,665 hectares) of working cranberry bogs. Visit a bog and learn all about Massachusetts' number one agricultural commodity crop. Continue along a portion of the Mohawk Trail, the first scenic road in New England, which officially opened in 1914. Continue through the rolling hills of the Berkshire Mountains.Buffet Breakfast|
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
|Day 5||Pittsfield - Burlington||Pittsfield - Burlington (2 Nights): Drive on through the rich colours of Vermont and stop at the Apple Barn in Bennington for an Iconic Breakfast including fresh picked apples, apple cider and Vermont cheddar. Then it's on to Rockingham to visit the family-owned and operated Vermont Country Store, a general store of yesteryear with practical and hard-to-find products from around the block and around the world. Next, stop is in Woodstock, a charming town with quaint houses, churches and a picturesque covered bridge. Then it's onto Quechee Gorge for breathtaking views of Vermont's deepest gorge, formed by glacial activity over 13,000 years ago. Drive through the Green Mountain National Forest to Burlington, set on the shores of glittering Lake Champlain.Iconic Breakfast|
Holiday Inn Burlington
|Day 6||Burlington||Burlington Free Time: Enjoy a free day in Burlington, ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the prettiest towns in America. The city's location on Lake Champlain provides a scenic backdrop to a lively and charming downtown, Church Street Marketplace, full of shops, restaurants, bars and culture. As an option, join a luncheon cruise aboard the Spirit of Ethan Allen.Continental Breakfast|
|Day 7||North Conway||Burlington - North Conway (2 Nights): Travel to Stowe, a wonderfully eclectic New England town tucked away in the Green Mountains. Continue on to Montpelier, the nation's smallest capital city with its elegant gold-domed state house. Stop at Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks for a sugar house visit and tasting of "sugar on snow," maple sugar served on ice with a pickle. Cross the state border into New Hampshire and enter the White Mountains, travelling through Franconia Notch State Park. Drive along the Kancamagus Highway, called "The Kanc," New England's most scenic byway.Continental Breakfast|
Fox Ridge Resort
|Day 8||North Conway||North Conway Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning, take the quintessential fall colour excursion to the White Mountains past Mount Washington-the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres)-through Crawford Notch State Park. Snap a photo at Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, offering stunning views of Mount Washington. Back in North Conway, the rest of the day is yours to do as you please.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Portsmouth||North Conway - Portsmouth: Continue through New Hampshire before crossing the state border into Maine where you will arrive in charming Kennebunkport. After, travel along Ocean Drive with stunning views of the Maine coastline and the homes of the rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Take a walk along the waterfront before continuing to charming Portsmouth.Buffet Breakfast|
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
|Day 10||Depart Boston||Portsmouth - Depart Boston: Continue south to Boston Logan International Airport or the Boston hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay.Continental Breakfast|
- For a trip with more exclusive Insider experiences, more included meals and upgraded hotels, see our Autumn Colours itinerary featured in the USA & Canada brochure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class