We Create Dream Vacations
"With so many travel options out there, it can be overwhelming. As your travel agency we will work as your 'value interpreter'. Using our expertise, we will find amazing experiences that exceed your every desire, but not your budget. With our services, you will be confident that your Dream Vacation will be perfectly planned, hassle-free, and filled with monents you'll never forget."
How-to Pass-Through (TSA) Security During the COVID-19 Pandemic
TSA has implemented changes to the security screening process that reduce the potential for cross-contamination at the security checkpoint in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. TSA has already begun implementing these changes. with more changes to come at airport checkpoints nationwide by mid-June.
1. Keep possession of your boarding passes : Instead of handing their boarding pass to a TSA officer at the travel document podium, travelers should now place their boarding pass (paper or electronic) on the boarding pass reader themselves. After scanning, travelers should hold their boarding pass toward the TSA officer to allow the officer to visually inspect it. This change reduces the TSA officer’s need to touch a passenger’s boarding pass thus reducing potential for cross-contamination.
2. Separate food for X-ray screening : Passengers should place their carry-on food items into a clear plastic bag and place that bag into a bin. Food items often trigger an alarm during the screening process. Separating the food from the carry-on bag lessens the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to open the carry-on bag and remove the food items for a closer inspection. This requirement allows social distancing, reduces the TSA officer’s need to touch a person’s container of food and reduces potential for cross-contamination. TSA Pre-Check members do not need to remove items from their bags.
3. Pack Smart : Passengers should take extra care to ensure that they do not have any prohibited items, such as liquids, gels or aerosols in quantities greater than 3.4 ounces in their carry-on bags (water bottles, shampoo). In response to COVID-19, TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer container, up to 12 ounces per passenger, in carry-on bags. Passengers are required to remove the hand sanitizer from the carry-on bag before being submitted for X-ray screening. If a bag is found to contain a prohibited item, passengers may be directed to return to the divestiture table outside of security with their carry-on bags to remove the item and dispose of the item. The passenger may also be directed back outside of security to remove items that should have originally been divested (such as laptops, liquids, gels, and aerosols, and large electronics) and resubmit their property for X-ray screening.
4. By resolving alarms in this manner, TSA officers will need to touch the contents inside a carry-on bag much less frequently, reducing the potential for cross-contamination.
5. Practice social distancing : Passengers should allow for social distancing to reduce direct contact between TSA employees and travelers whenever possible without compromising security. Noticeable adjustments leading up to the security checkpoint include increasing the distance between individuals as they enter the security checkpoint, placing visual reminders of appropriate spacing on checkpoint floors and staggering the use of lanes where feasible. No two airports are alike, so this could look a little different at each airport.
6. Wear facial protection : TSA officers at checkpoints are now using facial protection. Travelers are encouraged to wear face masks to the checkpoint as well. But passengers may need to adjust their face mask during the screening process so they can be recognized. Travelers also are encouraged to remove items such as belts, wallets, keys and phones and put them directly into their carry-on bags instead of into the bins to reduce touch-points during the screening process.
7. Travelers who have not flown since the pandemic are also likely to notice some other changes. They include: Reduced security lane usage due to the reduction in passenger volume; all TSA officers at checkpoints wearing masks and gloves; TSA officers optionally wearing eye protection and clear plastic face shields at some locations; TSA officers will continue the practice of changing gloves after each pat-down; plastic shielding installed at many travel document checking podiums, divest, bag search and drop off locations’ TSA officers practicing social distancing; routine cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces in the screening checkpoint area.
8. Many airlines and airports also are providing specific COVID-19 related guidance to travelers. Travelers should check with their airline prior to their trip (though there has been no unified COVID-19 guidance released by the U.S. Department of Transportation). Travelers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early as COVID-19 has affected staffing and operations across the airport environment. This will allow adequate time for checking bags, completing security screening and getting to the departure gate.
9. Individuals who were traveling in the early months of the pandemic became accustomed to arriving at the security checkpoint shortly before their flight departure time. TSA recommends that travelers no longer do so (or arrive well in advance of their flight) since more people are flying and new procedures such as social distancing have been implemented in airports, potentially adding time to the pre-flight experience. For more information on the TSA security screening process during the pandemic, visit www.tsa.gov/coronavirus.
Madagascar - A Cornucopia of Beauty
Situated some 250 miles off the coast of southeast Africa, Madagascar — the fourth largest island on Earth — is a world of its own.
Sometimes referred to as the eighth continent, Madagascar split from the Indian subcontinent 88 million years ago and the African mainland some 47 million years before that, so it is perhaps not surprising that about 90 percent of its fauna and flora is found nowhere else on earth.
Much of the island’s megafauna (including nearly 10-foot-tall elephant birds and lemurs the size of gorillas) has been driven to extinction. And some 90 percent of the original forest habitat here has been lost since humans first arrived some 2,000 years ago — first from the Malay Archipelago and, much later, from mainland Africa, Arabia, India and Europe.
But Madagascar still boasts a panoply of unique plants and animals, from numerous species of baobab trees and endemic orchids to chameleons, giraffe-necked weevils and the bizarre-looking aye-aye. For the complete story on Madagascar click here.
Vacations For Moms
Let’s be honest, we put moms through A LOT. If you’re looking for a special gift that shows mom how much you appreciate her, then look no further than a beach vacation. There’s something out there for every type of mother, so you can’t go wrong.
Relaxing vacations for mom
Every mom deserves a relaxing beach getaway. Send her to the black sand shores of Costa Rica, where she can spend the day lounging in tropical paradise, or have her enjoy a few days of pampering at an all-inclusive in Mexico, where the spas are out of this world. Mom will surely find inner peace on one of these trips.
Fun and sun vacations for mom
Mom needs to let loose, too. Like the days before she was blessed with children, mom will have zero responsibilities any time she visits Cancun or Riviera Maya. It’s time for her to let her hair down and party like it’s 1999!
Send mom on a let loose getaway:
• Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa – Cancun, Mexico
• Riu Palace Mexico – Riviera Maya, Mexico
• Grand Oasis Sens – Cancun, Mexico
Adventure vacations for mom
Some moms enjoy a little adrenaline rush. If yours has an adventurous spirit, consider a trip to the Dominican Republic and let her ride dune buggies until her heart’s content. If not, she could always discover a new thrill in Riviera Maya.
Romantic vacations for mom
Is your mom a sucker for romance? Send her (and her other half) on a trip full of love. They can rekindle the flame in Jamaica with the help of hydro-massage bathtubs, or while looking into each other’s eyes as the sun sets over the pristine beaches in Cap Cana.
Send mom on a romantic vacation:
• Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay – Jamaica
• Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa – Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
• Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa – Cancun, Mexico
Family vacations for mom
If mom can’t get enough of you or if she needs time to catch up with the family, then a beach escape is the perfect opportunity to relax while bonding with loved ones. Everyone, including the hard-to-please teens, will enjoy the next family vacation to these resorts.
Send mom on a family vacation:
• Dreams Palm Beach Punta Canca – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
• Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya – Riviera Maya, Mexico
• Nickelodeon Hotels and Resorts Punta Cana – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Mom will surely love you a little more if you surprise her with a future beach vacation! The best part of this gift is that you don’t even have to leave your couch or wrap anything.
A Wonderful World Awaits
It’s been a while since we’ve been able to travel, but we haven’t forgotten that the world is a gorgeous place. In case you need help dreaming of your next vacation, here are some destinations full of wonder and excitement that are definitely worth the wait.
Experience Nature in Antigua
Devil’s Bridge in Antigua (Image courtesy of: Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority)
As if a beach for every day of the year wasn’t enough, Antigua has lots more in store for lovers of the great outdoors. Shirley Heights Lookout may be the island’s most-known attraction, but its other 50+ scenic trails are just as breathtaking. And walking through Devil’s Bridge is an experience like no other, just do so at your own risk!
Tropical Paradise in the Cayman Islands
Seven Mile Beach
The Cayman Islands are as close to perfect as anything gets. You can lay in the sun at the gorgeous Seven Mile Beach, have close encounters with nature at a stingray farm or discover something new for yourself in a what is known as the world’s friendliest country. No matter how you choose to enjoy the island, you’ll soon discover that sea is life in the Caymans.
Mexico is a World of Its Own
Ik Kil Cenote in Chichen Itza
For beginner travelers, Mexico is often the first stop on the list. But even a seasoned vacationer can enjoy sides of this country that most people have never seen before. In Mazatlan, you can lure in swordfish or go whale watching. Puerto Vallarta is a short distance from the hidden beach at the Marieta Islands. Sayulita is full of charm and great surf. And even hot spots like Cancun and the Riviera Maya have unexplored treasures for you to discover.
Lay Back in Jamaica
Everything is irie in Bob Marley’s homeland. One of the best ways to spend a care-free day in the Caribbean’s most laid-back island is by taking a dip at a waterfall. From YS Falls to Dunn’s River Falls, there are a variety of options to choose from, all with distinctive characteristics. What you’ll for sure need is a pair of water shoes.
Make New Animal Friends
Monkeyland in Punta Cana
The Cayman Islands aren’t the only place where you can get close and personal with wildlife. Punta Cana is home to squirrel monkeys, one of the friendliest primates in the world (they tend to mutually avoid each other). Spider monkeys in Mexico can move effortlessly from tree to tree, which is why they’re called the trapeze artists of the jungle. And if you’re lucky, you might come across one-of-a-kind species like the Bermuda Buckeye Butterfly, exclusive to Bermuda, or the Bahama Parrot, which is one of the only species of parrots to build nests underground.
Disney Magic Moments
Virtual Viewing of Disney Cruise Lines “Beauty and The Beast”
The first-of-its-kind video from Disney Cruise Lines gives you a front row seat to the beloved story with favorite moments from Disney Cruise Lines award-winning Broadway-Style production. This previously recorded video features the opening cast from the show’s debut.
So, without further ado Tyus Tours and Travel invite you to relax and pull up a chair as we proudly present scenes from Beauty and the Beast on the Disney Dream. To view visit https://youtu.be/ctEpq9Opnyk.
Also, visit and Like our Facebook page “It’s Your Time To Travel ” to view Bight Suns on Batuu a planet on the Outer Rim of the galaxy inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland® Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We hope you enjoy these sunrise views from a galaxy far, far away!
The Force will be with you always!
Social Distance Now To Beach Later!
We’ll hopefully be back to enjoying the sun, sand and sea soon. Until then, we’ll give you ways to Bring the beach home. It might not look like it now, but we know clear skies are on the horizon!
Dream now, travel later.
We're all holding off on travel now but brighter days are ahead. Whenever you're ready to book that vacation you've been dreaming about, we'll be here for you. Check out travel deals for June and on. Visit https://bit.ly/3caMOlp or call 866-547-5362.
Message In The Sand
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016