Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2019
Enjoy a taste of la dolce vita on the Spanish Steps, admire Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling at the Sistine Chapel and enjoy dinner amidst the art, history and antiquities of the Vatican.
- VIP ADMISSION to the Vatican Museums
- CITY TOUR in Rome
- VISIT the Roman Catacombs, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum and Villa d'Este Gardens at Tivoli
- VIEW the Spanish Steps, Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers and the ancient sites of Rome including Circus Maximus
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14237195
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (7 Nights): Delve into the enthralling culture and ancient heritage of the Eternal City of Rome, exploring the city at leisure before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at a traditional Pizzeria this evening. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Market Visit - Cooking Experience and Ancient Rome Sightseeing: Jostle with the locals to get your pick of the best fruits and vegetables at a local food market this morning. Here you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and into Rome's vibrant gourmet scene. Stroll through the Jewish Quarter and sample delicious specialities in its neighbourhood bakeries, before arriving at Fooxia for a cooking course with a professional chef. Learn the art of making authentic pasta like only an Italian mamma can and sample your successes afterwards. Your appetite appeased, venture to Ancient Rome with a Local Specialist to visit the impressive Colosseum and see Circus Maximus where exhilarating chariot races were once hosted. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome City Highlights Walking tour and Catacombs Visit: Set your watch to Italian time, enjoying a leisurely start to your day before joining a walking tour with a Local Specialist through Rome. Visit the Baroque-styled Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, tossing a coin to secure your speedy return to Rome. Continue to the heart of Rome and visit the Pantheon, the best preserved building in the city. Then, wander through the city streets and piazza, admiring the city's imposing monuments, including Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers. Spend time rubbing shoulders with the locals before leaving the city centre to visit the ancient catacombs with a Local Specialist who will reveal insights into the city's Christian history.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Rome||Rome At Leisure: Spend the day discovering Rome on your own. Saunter past the sights or relax with a coffee and cornetti to soak up the city's authentic atmosphere. Make this free day in Rome count. Venture up Palatine Hill for spectacular views of Ancient Rome, shop along Via Veneto, or relax in the serene gardens of Villa Borghese. Your Travel Director will be able to suggest activities such as museums, shopping or sightseeing. Get a real taste of the city with Trafalgar's exclusive Eatwith Optional Experiences during which you'll share a delicious traditional meal with a local family in their home. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Rome||Rome - Vatican Experience: The morning is yours to continue your leisurely exploration of the glories of Rome, before venturing to St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. This afternoon, 'Dive Into Culture' as you gain priority access to the Vatican Museums where a Local Specialist will take you on a guided tour. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and discover the array of artefacts displayed at the Museo Gregoriano Profano, which was founded in the Lateran Apostolic Palace at the behest of Gregory XVI Cappellari in 1844. You'll also enjoy an exclusive after-hours al fresco dinner against the spectacular backdrop of St. Peter's. Should there be adverse weather, a contingency is provided in a newly created dining space within the Cortile della Pigna. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Rome||Rome At Leisure or Optional Experience to Pompeii: Trace the footsteps of ancient philosophers, senators and emperors as you enjoy a free day to explore Rome. Your Travel Director will give you suggestions on how to spend your day. Alternatively, you may wish to take an Optional Experience to visit the tragic remains of Pompeii, the victim of a devastating volcanic eruption. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Rome||Tivoli Villa d'Este Gardens Visit and Roman Farewell Dinner: We travel to the historic hill-town of Tivoli today, joining our Local Specialist for a guided tour of the enchanting UNESCO World Heritage Italian gardens of Villa d'Este. This Roman retreat, with its spectacular fountains, pools and exquisite architectural elements, had an enormous influence on European landscape design. This evening, we 'Dive Into Culture', joining our hosts who will prepare a delicious meal including local flavours for you to enjoy with your fellow travel companions.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, say farewell to Rome and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after a memorable sojourn in one of the world's greatest cities. Transfers to Rome Fiumicino Airport are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- ? International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above. to International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class