Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2019
Uncover the glamour and rich heritage of France, as you journey from iconic Paris to the heart of romantic Provence and on to the dazzling French Riviera. Along the way, you'll travel in VIP comfort, stay in luxurious hotels and be introduced to passionate foodies and historians. Taste local specialities on a gourmet culinary walk in Paris, follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh in Arles and visit the timeless Chateau de Vaux-Le-Vicomte and Villa Rothschild.
- Paris: A typically French bistro, the iconic Le Petit Prince de Paris has been a haven of warm hospitality since 1450 when it served as a lively tavern. Today it's an atmospheric French restaurant famous for its old-world charm and farm-to-table fare.
- Paris: Join a passionate food connoisseur for a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Visit a variety of patisseries, boulangeries and chocolatiers, taste delicious specialities and meet passionate foodies along the way.
- Paris: Enjoy a privately-hosted dinner at a local Parisian's home and savour home-cooked French fare at its best. Your EatWith host will give you a real flavour of what local life is really like.
- Rouen: During your gourmet walking discovery tour with your Local Expert, experience delights of this historic town as you visit a selection of shops to try regional specialities like delicious cider or the chocolate confection unique to Rouen known as the 'Tears of Joan of Arc.'
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape: Explore the medieval hillside village of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and savour some of the world's best wines during a wine tasting hosted at a renowned vineyard.
- Provence: Visit Maison de Bournissac, a family-owned olive oil mill in the heart of Provence, to learn about the traditional production process and savour a taste of award-winning olive oil served beneath a fig tree. Set within the traditional farmhouse, the Michelin-starred La Maison Domaine de Bournissac is a celebration of Provencal culinary specialities and delights. Chef and owner, Christian Peyre, uses local produce that he frequently sources from his own garden.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Paris: As a guest of Luxury Gold, skip the line and gain fast-tracked, VIP access to the Eiffel Tower, the classic icon of France. With your Local Expert, ascend to its second story and take in spectacular views of Paris.
- Paris: Experience first-class comfort as your travel aboard the TGV train to Avignon, passing through the French countryside.
- Avignon: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the City of Popes, Avignon. See the medieval fortified city walls and the immense Gothic Papal Palace.
- Arles: Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh as your Local Expert walks you through the city that inspired many of the artist's paintings.
- Arles: Visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre and a collection of structures dating back to when the city was a capital during Roman rule.
- Provence: Appreciate the engineering genius of the Ancient Romans, during a visit to Pont du Gard, the world's best-preserved aqueduct and a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site.
- Les-Baux-de-Provence: Explore the village's winding streets and take in panoramic views from one of the most picturesque villages in France, set atop an outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowed with a ruined castle.
- St Remy-de-Provence: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the village of St-Remy-de-Provence.
- Aix-en-Provence: In Aix-en-Provence, stroll through elegant mansions and maybe relax at one of the bustling cafes of the Cours Mirabeau.
- St-Paul-de-Vence: St-Paul-de-Vence is a hilltop village where contemporary painters celebrate art as a living tradition. Walk through winding streets and marvel at elegant fountains, vinecovered stone walls, and views of mountains and sea.
- Monaco: Join your Travelling Concierge for guided sightseeing of glamourous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town, and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander along the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.
- Corniche Roads: Admire the stunning views along Europe's most beautiful coast as you travel the 'Moyenne Corniche', clinging to rocks between sea and sky.
- French Riviera: Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild along the French Riviera and marvel at its extensive art collection, wonderful gardens and panoramic vistas.
- Paris: Situated in the heart of the aristocratic district of Le Marais, this modern hotel places you moments away from iconic attractions such as Canal Saint-Martin and the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Its elegant guest bedrooms, luxury spa, traditional restaurant, bar and lounges are complimented by magnificent views of the Le Marais skyline.
- Arles: The five-star Jules Cesar Hotel has beautifully blended 18th century character with contemporary art. Curated by master of fashion, Christian Lacroix, the hotel places you in the heart of Arles and offers everything from a luxury spa to a gourmet restaurant.
- Monte Carlo: Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, this prestigious hotel is a destination in its own right, boasting a stunning rooftop pool, an in-house casino and a luxury spa.
- Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte: Experience Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte Your Way during your exclusive visit to France's largest privately-owned chateau, and its magnificent formal gardens. Choose to walk through the gardens guided by the estate's lead gardener or learn about the subtleties of high society during a dining etiquette class hosted by the owner's professional butler.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station and cruise port transfers are included when train travel or cruising is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14239173
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, you're welcomed by your personal chauffeur and transferred to your five-star hotel situated in the heart of Paris. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure, perhaps indulging in a spa treatment or venturing out to explore the nearby Le Marais district with its aristocratic atmosphere and historic architecture. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a spectacular Welcome Dinner hosted at the iconic Le Petit Prince de Paris, a local restaurant that dates back to 1450. Raise a glass of French wine and toast to your adventure, as you savour traditional French cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients. (Dinner with Wine)|
Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel.
|Day 2||Paris||Gourmet Foodie Walk and the Eiffel Tower.: Enjoy a relaxed start to the day, before embarking on the most quintessential of French experiences: a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Join your Local Expert and food connoisseur and visit a variety of boutique shops, including patisseries, boulangeries, chocolatiers, baguette cafes and tiny cheese shops. Discover why Paris is so famous for its cuisine and meet passionate foodies along the way. In the afternoon, join your Local Expert for a visit to the iconic Eiffel Tower. As a guest of Luxury Gold, enjoy special VIP entry, allowing you to skip the line. From the 115-metre-high second story, marvel at vistas of Paris in all its glory. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is on hand to assist you with booking tickets to museums and recommending the best local activities. Perhaps you'd like tickets arranged to see the Mona Lisa at the Louvre Museum? (Breakfast)|
Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel.
|Day 3||Paris||VIP Visit to Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte.: Step into the 17th century during an exclusive VIP visit to the largest privately-owned chateau in France, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, with its magnificent formal gardens. Designed in 1653 by the King's Principle Architect, Louis Le Vau, the chateau is the embodiment of revolutionary design and set the tone for the classical era of French architecture. The estate's gardens are equally impressive, comprising of 40 hectares of treasures, including decorated fountains, patterned flower beds and timeless statues. Experience Chateau Vaux-Le-Vicomte Your Way as you're invited to join the estate's lead gardener for a guided walk through the gardens, or alternatively, learn about the subtleties of high society during a dining etiquette class hosted by a professional butler. Return to Paris to enjoy a privately-hosted dinner at a local Parisian's home and savour home-cooked French fare at its best. Your EatWith host will give you a real flavour of what local life is really like.Chairman's CollectionIf you are travelling on a Chiarman's Collection departure, when you return to Paris you are invited to join Count Remy de Scitivaux for a dazzling dinner at Le Procope, the oldest Parisian restaurant in continuous operation. This will replace the dinner with a EatWith host. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel.
|Day 4||Arles||The Heart of Provence - Avignon and Arles.: Travel first-class onboard the TGV train to Avignon, once the centre of Catholicism. On arrival, join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of the city, seeing its medieval fortified walls and immense Gothic Papal Palace. Enjoy lunch at your leisure in one of the city's lovely restaurants before joining your Local Expert and following in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh on a guided walk through Arles. Inspired by the wild beauty and sunbaked houses of Provence, Van Gogh painted over 200 masterpieces in and around the town. Stroll along the Rhone River, which cuts through the city, and visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre, dating back to A.D. 90. During Roman occupation, this prominent structure drew crowds of up to 20 000 spectators who came to revel in the excitement of chariot races and bloody battles. Today the amphitheatre hosts plays, concerts and bullfights. By night, Arles is a Van Gogh painting come to life. In the evening, gather for dinner served in your hotel's acclaimed Lou Marques gourmet restaurant for a feast of seasonal dishes and fine wines. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 5||Arles||Pont du Gard and Chateauneuf-du-Pape.: Start the day by visiting one of the city's famed food markets before travelling to Pont du Gard, one of the world's best-preserved ancient Roman aqueducts and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Journey to the medieval village of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, a renowned winegrowing region and the former summer residence of the Avignon popes. Take in 360-degree views of the Rhone Valley and enjoy a wine tasting at a renowned winery. Hosted by the estate's vintner, sample a selection of delicious blends and learn why some of the world's best-loved wines come from this region. Return to Arles to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. So captivating is the beauty of this historic city that you'll feel as if you're walking through a Van Gogh painting. Perhaps admire modern art inspired by Van Gogh's legacy at the Vincent Van Gogh Foundation or dine at one of many lovely restaurants and maybe seal the evening with a wander along the river? Your Travelling Concierge is there to assist you with restaurant reservations. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 6||Arles||Olive Oil Tasting in Provence and Michelin-starred Lunch.: Set atop a rocky outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowed with a ruined castle, Les-Baux-de-Provence has a reputation as one of the most picturesque villages in France. Start the day with an exploration of the village's winding streets and take in panoramic views, before continuing to Maison de Bournissac, a small family-owned olive mill situated on the plains below. Meet the owner, see the fruit and mechanized press, and learn about the production process, a fine tradition passed down through the generations. Gather in the shade of a nearby fig tree for a sample of the award-winning olive oil. Then onto the beautiful old Mas, a traditional farmhouse of Provence, and prepare yourself for a spectacular feast at a Michelin-starred restaurant, Maison de Bournissac. Enjoy the finest flavours of Provence, as each Michelin-starred restaurant around the world is meticulously selected based on outstanding food quality. There is time in the afternoon to shop or explore in Saint-Remy-de-Provence, the wonderful old home-town of Nostradamus, before returning to Arles to spend the evening at your leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 7||Monte Carlo||Provencal Highlights and on to Monaco.: Journey to Aix-en-Provence, known as 'the most beautiful town in France after Paris', and see the elegant mansions and bustling cafes of the Cours Mirabeau. Then continue to the hilltop village of St-Paul-de-Vence, where contemporary painters celebrate art as a living tradition. Walk through its winding streets and marvel at elegant fountains, vine-covered stone walls, and views of mountains and sea. Today's travels end in the Principality of Monaco, ruled by the Grimaldi family since the 13th century and famous for being the seaside playground of the rich and famous. Settle into your centrally located hotel and enjoy dinner at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 8||Monte Carlo||The Glitz and Glamour of Monaco.: Join your Travelling Concierge for sightseeing of glamourous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander along the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring this fashionable resort town or perhaps venturing further afield to seaside Nice. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 9||Monte Carlo||Corniche Roads and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.: Embark on a dazzling drive along the Corniche roads of the Riviera and take in breathtaking views along Europe's most beautiful coast. Travel the 'Moyenne Corniche', clinging to rocks between sea and sky, for spectacular views. Stop en route to appreciate sweeping panoramas of the sparkling Mediterranean and lavish villas. Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, one of the finest listed buildings on the French Riviera. The Baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild collected art works from all over the world, transforming the Villa at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat into an art lover's paradise. Explore its nine wonderful gardens, complete with musical fountains, and enjoy stunning views over the Riviera. In the evening, raise a glass to new adventures and friendships at your Celebration Dinner with champagne, hosted at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 10||Monte Carlo||Farewell Monaco.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and enjoy a private transfer to Nice airport for your onward journey. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (1a) Bastille Day: This departure will be in Monaco during France's National Day celebrations. (5) Chairman's Collection: These departures will have dinner with Count Remy de Scitivaux instead of dining with an EatWith host. (6) Small Group Departures: These departures are limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class