Brochure Type: USA and Canada Luxury Gold 2019
Step into the heartland of soul music, as you travel from Nashville through Memphis on to New Orleans. Take your reserved seat at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry in Nashville and enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, Memphis. Along the way, you'll meet local singer-songwriters, taste the region's renowned cuisine and experience southern hospitality at its best.
- Memphis: Enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, followed by a home-style cooked meal, favored by the King himself.
- Natchez: Learn to make the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep, before an elegant, four-course Southern dinner in the period surroundings of the Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens.
- New Orleans: Join your Travelling Concierge for a Farewell Celebration Dinner accompanied by a lively jazz trio at Arnaud's.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Nashville: Attend a live taping of the Grand Ole Opry, America's longest-running live radio program.
- Memphis: Visit Sun Studios, where famous music icons like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Johnny Cash recorded revolutionary albums.
- Memphis: Visit the National Civil Rights Museum.
- New Orleans: Visit Houmas House, the crown jewel of Louisiana's river road, previously voted best Louisiana attraction.
- Memphis: The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel connects you to the unmistakable sound, culture and history of the blues, whilst offering you a soothing and relaxing retreat.
- Nashville: Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown.
- Natchez: The Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens offers a unique combination of hospitality, world-class service and luxurious surroundings, set in a historic background.
- New Orleans: The iconic family-owned Hotel Monteleone offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings inside the French Quarter.
- St. Louis: Join an exclusive guided tour of the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Louisville: Visit Churchill Downs on a private tour and meet the world famous horse jockey, Charles Woods Jr.
- Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind-the-scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
- Nashville: Join the ranks of superstar musicians like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson and record a song at legendary Studio B, take home the recording as a truly unique souvenir.
- Memphis: Take a private, after-hours tour of Graceland before sitting down to a special dinner on the grounds of the estate.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (866) 547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14486272
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nashville||Arrive in Nashville.: Upon arrival at Nashville International Airport, you will be met and taken to your downtown hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown.
|Day 2||Nashville||Enjoy Nashville's Musical History.: Enjoy a tour of historic Studio B with a professional sound engineer in a 30-minute, choir-style recording session. You'll be able to take home a copy of the recording as a one-of-a-kind souvenir. Head on to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, full of memorabilia from stars such as Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn and Garth Brooks. Once there, you'll join your Local Expert, a songwriter and singer, who will tell you the stories behind the biggest hits sung by well-known country music stars. End your day with a trip to the Grand Ole Opry or "country's most famous stage", for a live performance. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Memphis||Memphis and Graceland, Home of The King.: Travel from the home of country music to the birthplace of blues and Rock 'n' Roll. The evening is devoted to a private, after hours, and docent led tour of Graceland - as much an object of pilgrimage as a museum dedicated to the late, great, Elvis Presley. From the flowers and painted signs outside the gates, to the tear-streaked cheeks of fans inside, see the effect that Elvis and his music had on popular American culture. Enjoy a memorable Dinner with wine at the Graceland mansion itself. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Memphis Beale Street.
|Day 4||Memphis||Sun Studios and National Civil Rights Museum.: Experience Memphis Your Way by visiting Sun Studios or the Memphis Rock n' Soul Museum. Later, visit the National Civil Rights Museum and trace the history of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States from the 17th century to the present. Offering over 260 artifacts and more than 40 new films, you'll be guided through five centuries of American history. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Natchez||Mississippi mystique in Natchez.: Depart for Natchez, founded by the French in 1716 when it became home to a flowering colonial culture. There you will experience a private, owner-led tour of Sunnyside, a restored antebellum cottage. At your charming luxury country mansion inn, whet your palate during a mixology class and learn the science behind the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep. Then enjoy a delectable three-course Highlight Dinner with wine, in the stunning main house. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens, Natchez.
|Day 6||New Orleans||Frogmore, Houmas House, and New Orleans.: Stop at Frogmore Plantation and journey back to the time when cotton was king. With your costumed hosts, tour a reconstructed 19th century plantation. Next, get a glimpse into the sweet side of the South with a visit to Houmas House plantation, once the largest producer of sugar in the country. In the evening, you'll visit the New Orleans School of Cooking to learn about Creole cuisine during a lively cooking demonstration. Enjoy these culinary creations over a special Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans.
|Day 7||New Orleans||New Orleans Sightseeing.: Join a Local Expert for a tour of the city as you learn about its rich history steeped in the myriad of cultures that have found a new home here. See Jackson Square and the Treme neighbourhood before exploring City Park. Take in this picturesque scene and admire the oak trees with a warm cafe au lait in hand. Next, visit one of the city's famous above ground cemeteries and learn about their uniquely joyful perspective on life and death. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||New Orleans||Exploring New Orleans, the Big Easy.: Start the day with a bayou expert on the rural side of the Crescent City, as you board a boat to meet the resident alligators and other fauna and flora. Enjoy some free time before gathering with your new friends and toasting to lifelong memories during a Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine at the famous New Orleans restaurant, Arnaud's, with toe-tapping live jazz as your backdrop. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||New Orleans||Depart New Orleans.: Bid 'au revoir' to the Big Easy in the morning. A complimentary transfer is provided to Louis Armstrong Airport or choose to extend your stay at Hotel Monteleone. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (3b) Trips operate as per 2018 brochure. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures that will meet Hall of Fame Musician Charlie McCoy. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class