Brochure Type: 2021 Europe & Britain Pre-Release
Uncover the glamour and rich heritage of France, as you journey from iconic Paris to the heart of romantic Provence and the dazzling French Riviera. Stay in luxurious hotels and be introduced to passionate foodies and historians. On Chairman's Collection departures, join Count Richard de Warren for a private dinner at the luxurious Hotel Alfred Sommier. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman's Collection.
- Paris: A typically French bistro, the iconic Le Petit Prince de Paris has been a haven of warm hospitality since 1450 when it served as a lively tavern. Today it's an atmospheric French restaurant famous for its old-world charm and farm-to-table fare.
- Paris: Join a passionate food connoisseur for a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Visit a variety of patisseries, boulangeries and chocolatiers, taste delicious specialities and meet passionate foodies along the way.
- Paris: Enjoy a privately-hosted dinner at a local Parisian's home and savour home-cooked French fare at its best. Your host will give you a real flavour of what local life is really like.
- Provence: Indulge at the Michelin-starred Maison Prevot, nestled in the heart of Provence. Savour a lunch that embraces contemporary, gourmet cuisine and follows the rhythms of the seasons from locally sourced ingredients.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Chateau La Coste: Experience Chateau La Coste Your Way. Join a guided walk to discover the many works of contemporary art. Alternatively, visit the cellars, designed by the great contemporary architect Jean Nouvel, for a tasting of award-winning wines.
- Paris: As a guest of Luxury Gold, skip the line and gain fast-tracked, VIP access to the Eiffel Tower, the classic icon of France. With your Local Expert, ascend to its second story and take in spectacular views of Paris.
- Paris: Experience first-class comfort as your travel aboard the TGV train to Avignon, passing through the French countryside.
- Avignon: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the City of Popes, Avignon. See the medieval fortified city walls and the immense Gothic Papal Palace.
- Arles: Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh as your Local Expert walks you through the city that inspired many of the artist's paintings.
- Arles: Visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre and a collection of structures dating back to when the city was a capital during Roman rule.
- Provence: Appreciate the engineering genius of the Ancient Romans, during a visit to Pont du Gard, the world's best-preserved aqueduct and a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site.
- Les-Baux-de-Provence: Explore the village's winding streets and take in panoramic views from one of the most picturesque villages in France, set atop an outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowed with a ruined castle.
- St Remy-de-Provence: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the village of St-Remy-de-Provence.
- Aix-en-Provence: In Aix-en-Provence, stroll through elegant mansions and maybe relax at one of the bustling cafes of the Cours Mirabeau.
- St-Paul-de-Vence: St-Paul-de-Vence is a hilltop village where contemporary painters celebrate art as a living tradition. Walk through winding streets and marvel at elegant fountains, vinecovered stone walls, and views of mountains and sea.
- Monaco: Join your Travelling Concierge for guided sightseeing of glamourous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town, and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander along the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.
- Corniche Roads: Admire the stunning views along Europe's most beautiful coast as you travel the 'Moyenne Corniche', clinging to rocks between sea and sky.
- French Riviera: Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild along the French Riviera and marvel at its extensive art collection, wonderful gardens and panoramic vistas.
- Paris: Situated in the heart of the aristocratic district of Le Marais, this modern hotel places you moments away from iconic attractions such as Canal Saint-Martin and the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Its elegant guest bedrooms, luxury spa, traditional restaurant, bar and lounges are complimented by magnificent views of the Le Marais skyline.
- Arles: The five-star Jules Cesar Hotel has beautifully blended 18th century character with contemporary art. Curated by master of fashion, Christian Lacroix, the hotel places you in the heart of Arles and offers everything from a luxury spa to a gourmet restaurant. This hotel was decorated by the grand master of fashion Christian Lacroix.
- Monte Carlo: Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, this prestigious hotel is a destination in its own right, boasting a stunning rooftop pool, an in-house casino and a luxury spa.
- Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte: Experience Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte on a walk through the gardens and see the theatrical majesty and artistic design of the grounds.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel to boutique river cruising and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15007857
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris.: On arrival at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, you are transferred to your five-star hotel situated in the heart of Paris. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure, perhaps indulging in a spa treatment or venturing out to explore the nearby Trocadero square that consists of amazing buildings and a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a spectacular Welcome Dinner at Le Club, a local restaurant ideally nestled on the river Seine. Raise a glass of French wine and toast to your adventure, as you savour traditional French cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients. (Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel.
|Day 2||Paris||Gourmet Foodie Walk and the Eiffel Tower.: Step into the 17th century during an exclusive VIP visit to the largest privately-owned chateau in France, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, with its magnificent formal gardens. Designed in 1653 by the King's principle architect, Louis Le Vau, the chateau is the embodiment of revolutionary design and set the tone for the classical era of French architecture. The estate's gardens are equally impressive, comprising of 40 hectares of treasures, including decorated fountains, patterned flower beds and timeless statues. Experience Chateau Vaux-Le-Vicomte on a walk through the gardens. (Breakfast)|
Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel.
|Day 3||Paris||VIP Visit to Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte.: Enjoy a relaxed start to the day, before embarking on the most quintessential of French experiences-- a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Join your Local Expert and food connoisseur and visit a variety of boutique shops, including patisseries, boulangeries, chocolatiers, baguette cafes and tiny cheese shops. Discover why Paris is so famous for its cuisine and meet passionate foodies along the way. In the afternoon, join your Local Expert for a visit to the iconic Eiffel Tower. As a guest of Luxury Gold, enjoy special VIP entry, allowing you to skip the line. From the 115-metre-high second story, marvel at vistas of Paris in all its glory. The rest of the day is at your leisure. This Evening, enjoy a privately hosted dinner at a local Parisian's home and savour home-cooked French fare at its best. Chairman's Collection If you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, you are invited to join Count Richard de Warren for a private dinner at the luxurious Hotel Alfred Sommier, an old family mansion dating back to the 19th Century. This will replace the included dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel.
|Day 4||Arles||Avignon and on to Arles.: Travel first-class onboard the TGV train to Avignon, once the centre of Catholicism. On arrival, join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of the city, seeing its medieval fortified walls and immense Gothic Papal Palace. Enjoy lunch at your leisure in one of the city's lovely restaurants. Finish the day with your final journey to Arles where you will check in to your hotel. In the evening, gather for dinner served in your hotel's acclaimed Lou Marques gourmet restaurant for a feast of seasonal dishes and fine wines. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 5||Arles||Pont du Gard and Van Gogh.: Join your Local Expert and following in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh on a guided walk through Arles. Inspired by the wild beauty and sunbaked houses of Provence, Van Gogh painted over 200 masterpieces in and around the town. Stroll along the Rhone River, which cuts through the city, and visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre, dating back to A.D. 90. During Roman occupation, this prominent structure drew crowds of up to 20,000 spectators who came to revel in the excitement of chariot races and bloody battles. Today the amphitheatre hosts plays, concerts and bullfights. By night, Arles is a Van Gogh painting come to life. Travel to Pont du Gard, one of the world's best-preserved ancient Roman aqueducts and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Arles to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. So captivating is the beauty of this historic city that you'll feel as if you're walking through a Van Gogh painting. Perhaps admire modern art inspired by Van Gogh's legacy at the Vincent Van Gogh Foundation or dine at one of many lovely restaurants and maybe seal the evening with a wander along the river? Your Travelling Concierge is there to assist you with restaurant reservations. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 6||Arles||Olive Groves and Michelin-starred Lunch.: This morning, make your way into the heart of Provence to Moulin de Calanquet, an olive oil mill active since the 19th century. Listen to the history of the family as you walk through the olive groves. Discover a variety of aromas and flavours as you treat your taste buds to a diverse tasting of oils, jams and spreads. Continue the day in Provence with an exploration of Les Baux-de-Provence's winding streets and take in the panoramic views. Set atop a rocky outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowned with castle ruins, this village has a reputation as one of the most picturesque in France.Then onto the beautiful Michelin-starred, Maison Prevot, that was once originally a melon counter but converted into a restaurant in 1981. Embrace contemporary, gourmet cuisine that follows the rhythms of the seasons for lunch. There is time in the afternoon to shop or explore in Saint-Remy-de-Provence, the wonderful old home-town of Nostradamus, and return to Arles to spend the evening at your leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Hotel Jules Cesar, Arles.
|Day 7||Monaco||Provence and Monaco.: Journey to Chateau La Coste - a wine estate and art installation in harmony with nature, set amid its rolling organic vineyards. Experience Provence Your Way. Choose to join a guided walk through wooded hilltops and valleys, alongside olive groves and vineyards to discover the many works of contemporary art along your way. Alternatively visit the cellars designed by the great contemporary architect, Jean Nouvel, learn how organic and biodynamic principles are implemented at each stage of the wine-making process before a tasting of the award-winning wines. Explore Aix-en-Provence before your journey for today ends in the Principality of Monaco, ruled by the Grimaldi family since the 13th century and famous for being the seaside playground of the rich and famous. Settle into your centrally located hotel and enjoy dinner at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 8||Monaco||The Glitz and Glamour of Monaco.: Join your Travelling Concierge for sightseeing of glamorous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit - famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix - explore the old town and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander the old town of Monaco and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainer and Princess Grace. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring this fashionable resort town or perhaps venturing further afield to seaside Nice. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 9||Monaco||Corniche Roads and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.: Embark on a dazzling drive along the Corniche roads of the Riviera and take in breathtaking views along Europe's most beautiful coast. Travel the Moyenne Corniche road, clinging to rocks between sea and sky, for spectacular views. Stop en route to appreciate sweeping panoramas of the sparkling Mediterranean and lavish villas. Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, one of the finest listed buildings on the French Riviera. The Baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild collected art works from all over the world, transforming the Villa at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat into an art lover's paradise. Explore its nine wonderful gardens, complete with musical fountains, and enjoy stunning views over the Riviera. In the evening, raise a glass to new adventures and friendships at your Celebration Dinner with champagne, hosted at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Monte Carlo.
|Day 10||Monaco||Farewell Monaco.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and enjoy a private transfer to Nice airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2021 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class