Brochure Type: 2021 Europe & Britain Pre-Release
Step into a world of snow-capped mountains, traditional alpine villages and warm hospitality. This idyllic journey takes you to fairy-tale castles, breathtaking peaks and storybook meadows. Along the way you'll meet Local Experts and passionate foodies who will share local specialties, such as fondue and creamy chocolate, with you. Stay in luxurious hotels, see beautiful cities and marvel at some of the most extraordinary scenery on the planet.
- Zurich: Brasserie Lipp is one of the oldest Parisian-style brasseries in Zurich and a favourite to locals and travellers alike for many years. Enjoy local Swiss cuisine, served with wine as you get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- St. Moritz: Enjoy your evening meal at the delightful Restaurant Engiadina.
- Zermatt: On Your Choice Evening, you will be offered a hand-picked selection of local restaurants, choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Geneva: Appreciate the quality and ?awless service of the Michelin-starred restaurant, La Ferme de l'Hospital, in Bossey. This 17th century farmhouse has been re-imagined by chef Jean Jacques Noguier to serve innovative cuisine featuring seasonal flavours and local wines.
- Broc: Visit Maison Cailler, in the village of Broc, and immerse your senses in the wonderful world of chocolate!
- Gruyeres: Around a bubbling pot of delicious, freshly made fondue, savour authentic Swiss dining with a chilled glass of wine.
- Lucerne: Cruise on Lake Geneva before embarking on a scenic journey by cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic rotating restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Liechtenstein: Visit Liechtenstein, known for being one of Europe's smallest countries, and dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Take your first class seat onboard this world-famous train and marvel at unrivalled views of snow-covered peaks.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Gornergrat: Ride the cogwheel train to the summit of the mountain, for a glimpse of Switzerland's highest peaks, the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, with your Local Expert.
- Geneva: Join your Local Expert for an orientation walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.
- St. Moritz: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St Moritz itself. With direct access to the ski and hiking region of Corviglia, the hotel offers excellent facilities. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are also within easy walking distance.
- Zermatt: Situated in the heart of Zermatt, Mont Cervin hotel offers a range of gourmet restaurants, a wellness spa and easy access to beautiful mountain trails.
- Geneva: Rated as the No. 1 hotel of the 'Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland' at the Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2017, the Hotel d'Angleterre is set on the banks of Geneva's Lac Leman and beautifully reflects the essence of a Red Carnation Hotel, where each of the individually-designed rooms combines traditional charm and elegant style with modern amenities.
- Lucerne: Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the side of a mountain, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15007863
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Switzerland||Welcome to Switzerland.: Arrive at Zurich Airport and be transferred to your prestigious downtown hotel, located just steps away from the tree-lined Bahnhofstrasse, one of Europe's most exclusive shopping streets. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner of traditional Swiss cuisine, hosted at Brasserie Lipp, a local favourite. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich.
|Day 2||St. Moritz||Vaduz and St. Moritz.: Journey to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Known for being one of Europe's smallest countries, Liechtenstein is dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains. On arrival, ascend the Julier Pass until you reach the sparkling Engadine Valley and the chic, jet-set resort of St. Moritz. Dine in style at the local Restaurant Engiadina in the evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hotel des Bains Kempinski, St. Moritz.
|Day 3||St. Moritz||The Roof of Europe.: Experience St. Moritz Your Way and choose between joining a nature guide for a gentle mountain hike, if the weather permits, or hearing a talk about the incredible local wildlife, including Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle. Enjoy spending the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps shopping in the designer boutiques. Alternatively, enjoy the facilities of your prestigious hotel, which boasts a selection of gourmet restaurants, a luxury spa and a tennis-and-squash centre. (Breakfast)|
Grand Hotel des Bains Kempinski, St. Moritz.
|Day 4||Zermatt||All Aboard The Glacier Express.: Step on board the world-famous Glacier Express and take your first class seat for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the spiral tunnels of the Albula Pass and over the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages, with chalet-style houses, will be in sight as you ascend to the highest point of the route, 2,033 metres to the icy Oberalp Pass. Enjoy an included lunch onboard whilst taking in the scenery. The modern panorama viewing car means you won't miss a thing. Arrive in Zermatt in the late afternoon where you'll be escorted to your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Mont Cervin Palace, Zermatt.
|Day 5||Zermatt||Zermatt and Gornergrat Experience.: Board the cogwheel train that winds slowly up through the aromatic forests and alpine meadows of Gornergrat Mountain to reach the highest outdoor train station at 3,089 metres. As you travel past mountain lakes and ravines, keep an ear out for the soft chiming of cowbells in the background. From the summit, expect superb views of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, among Switzerland's highest peaks. In the afternoon, spend time at leisure, perhaps enjoying a swim and spa treatment at your five-star hotel? As dusk descends, Zermatt offers a wealth of dining possibilities. This evening you're invited to choose from a hand-picked selection of fine local restaurants and authentic menus for a Your Choice Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Mont Cervin Palace, Zermatt.
|Day 6||eneva||Chillon Castle and The French Bank of Lake Geneva.: Journey along the Lower Rhone Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva. Marvel at the grandeur of one of Europe's largest lakes, known for inspiring the early European Romantic movement. With your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy and set on a rocky islet in the lake. Here, following his walk through the dungeons, Lord Byron was inspired to write the poem, 'The Prisoner of Chillon.' Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar. In the afternoon, drive along the French bank of Lake Geneva passing the resort town of Evian-les-Bains, famous for its natural mineral water. Once in Geneva, arrive at Hotel d'Angelterre, perfectly situated on the banks of the Lake. Voted the number one hotel in Switzerland by Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2017, the hotel blends British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality. This evening, you're invited for a special dinner at La Ferme de l'Hospital. This former farmhouse, now a Michelin-starred restaurant led by chef Jean Jacques Noguier, offers a creative menu using only the freshest seasonal ingredients, and a large selection of local wines. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel d'Angleterre, Geneva.
|Day 7||Geneva||Highlights of Geneva.: Join your Local Expert for a walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument, before enjoying the rest of the day at your leisure. Perhaps have high tea in the afternoon at your hotel or walk across the road to the banks of Lake Geneva and watch the sun dip beyond the mountains. (Breakfast)|
Hotel d'Angleterre, Geneva.
|Day 8||Lucerne||La Gruyere and on to Lucerne.: Journey through story-book Alpine scenery en route to see the dairy cattle of La Gruyere, famous for producing delicious milk and cheese. Visit Maison Cailler in the village of Broc where chocolate creation has been raised to a specialised art form. Travel to the lovely medieval town of Gruyeres, Switzerland's cheese manufacturing mecca. For your lunch, savour the region's most famous culinary treat with a pot of bubbling fondue and a glass of chilled white wine. Continue on to beautiful Lucerne where your Travelling Concierge will show you its many highlights. See the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and the Chapel bridge. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Hotel Wilden Mann, Lucerne.
|Day 9||Lucerne||Lovely Lucerne.: Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the mountainside, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments, which date back to World War II. Enjoy some leisure time in the afternoon. This evening, embark on a scenic journey with a romantic cruise upon Lake Lucerne to reach Stans, followed by a cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Wilden Mann, Lucerne.
|Day 10||Lucerne||Farewell Lucerne.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Zurich airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2021 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class