Brochure Type: 2021 Europe & Britain Pre-Release
Experience the passion, creativity and romance of Spain and Portugal, as you witness fiery flamenco performances, marvel at Gaudi's dreamy architecture and appreciate enchanting citrus-scented squares. Along the way, take in the diversity of architectural styles - ranging from contemporary to Moorish - and taste some of the region's most iconic dishes, including paella. We'll introduce you to local historians, chefs and musicians, as you travel in luxurious comfort and stay in the heart of each spectacular destination.
- Barcelona: Located at the Barcelona Marina, Restuarant Maritim combines seafood, fresh from the local fish market, with traditional Spanish and Catalan flavours, to present a sumptuous meal accompanied with wine.
- Valencia: Tantalise your taste buds as you experience the flavours of traditional Valencian paella for your evening meal.
- Seville: Situated at an elegant restaurant close to your hotel, you'll enjoy a delicious dinner accompanied by the harmonious tones of a talented classical guitarist.
- Seville: Discover the varied ?avours of Andalusia during a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Learn the culinary secrets to some of Spain's most popular dishes and enjoy your own creations for lunch.
- Lisbon: Visit the fishing port of Cacilhas for your Highlight Dinner, enjoying flavours of the sea, accompanied by local wines during your first evening on Portuguese shores.
- Lisbon: For Your Choice Evening, enjoy small-group dining with mouth-watering menus at a selection of local restaurants.
- Lisbon: Delight in a taste of the famous Portuguese delicacy, Pasteis de Belem.
- Evora: Explore a local winery and learn about their processes and enjoy a delicious wine tasting.
- Evora: Sit down to a tasty meal, served with wine, at a local restaurant.
- Madrid: Boasting a contemporary gastro bar and restaurant, the Michelin-starred Albora is known for its distinct flavours and high quality dishes inspired by seasonal ingredients. Oenophiles will delight in the impressive variety of regional wines on offer.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walk with a Local Expert through the old lanes of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gracia to take in some of the city's daring Modernist architecture.
- Barcelona: Once inside Gaudi's amazing Sagrada Familia, look up at the detailed wonders of his famous architectural masterpiece.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge gates of the old town, Torres de Serranos and Torres de Quart.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert for a guided exploration of the exquisite Alhambra Palace, complemented by a walk through the scented Generalife gardens.
- Granada: Explore 'The City of the Pomegranate' with a Local Expert. During sightseeing you'll see the icons dedicated to this fruit throughout the city.
- Cordoba: Your Local Expert will show you the 2000-year-old Roman Bridge and you'll have time to spend exploring the labyrinthine old Jewish Quarter.
- Cordoba: Explore the amazing Mezquita, walking through it's forest of horseshoe-shaped arches and pillars to the Christian cathedral within, led by your Local Expert.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de Espana in Seville's Maria Louisa Park with your Local Expert. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter, admiring its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies. You'll emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Seville: Appreciate the city with a romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the streets.
- Seville: Take your seat for an intimate experience where ?amenco guitar and voice is paired with the raw emotion, colour and rhythmic expression of dance.
- Lisbon: With your Local Expert, visit the Belem Quarter, see the Monument to the Discoveries and the Belem Tower.
- Lisbon: Visit the Jeronimos Monastery and cloisters with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Evora: Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your Local Expert.
- Merida: Famous for its Roman ruins, Merida is full of history and ancient architecture. Marvel at the well-preserved Roman Theatre.
- Madrid: With your Local Expert, see the sights of the capital including the monument to Cervantes in the Plaza de Espana, the Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and the Puerta del Sol.
- Madrid: An art historian will provide an in-depth look at Spain's finest collection of paintings at the Prado Museum.
- Barcelona: The centrally located Ohla Eixample Barcelona is a boutique, five-star hotel with a rooftop that offers incredible views over the city for you to enjoy while relaxing with a drink on the terrace.
- Valencia: The Westin Valencia is perfectly located in the city centre, in a quiet area next to Paseo de la Alameda, with a warm and relaxing atmosphere in American art-deco style.
- Seville: Located in the heart of the city, Seville's Gran Melia Colon combines historical features with contemporary touches to create warmth and elegance.
- Lisbon: Situated in Terreiro do Paco, a historic part of the city, the Pousada de Lisboa is a boutique hotel offering elegantly decorated guest rooms in a classic style.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a private guided tour of Barcelona's Palau de la Musica, an architectural pearl of Catalan modernism, and the only concert hall declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15007869
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Barcelona airport, you will be met and transferred to your five-star hotel. At 18:00 join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for your Welcome dinner featuring fine Barcelona seafood near the waterfront area. Barcelona comes alive at night when the temperatures cool down and it is a beautiful way to start your adventure. (Dinner with Wine)|
Ohla Eixample Barcelona.
|Day 2||Barcelona||Catalonia's Creative Capital.: Barcelona is a melting pot of dreamy architecture, a historic cathedral, seaside splendour and gastronomic delights. The day begins as you have first entry in to the Palau de la Muscia, the only concert hall declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and an architectural pearl of Catalan Modernism. Meet your Local Expert in the Gothic Quarter for an exploration of the medieval streets and squares, and see some of the most ?amboyant buildings of the Catalan art nouveau movement. Visit Gaudi's imaginative Sagrada Familia, where mosaic spires pierce the sky like a giant crown. Spend the afternoon at leisure, perhaps strolling from your hotel to another one of Gaudi's masterpieces, Casa Batllo. This evening enjoy the tastes of Catalan as you embark on a food walk through the streets of Barcelona, sampling local specialities along the way. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ohla Eixample Barcelona.
|Day 3||Valencia||Valencia and the Orange Blossom Coast.: Follow the sunny Costa Dorada to sea-lapped Peniscola. Explore the lanes and white-walled houses clustered around the castle and featured in the ?lm 'El Cid.' Continue past orange groves to Valencia, where ultra-modern buildings rub shoulders with medieval town gates. For dinner, a local chef entices you with incredible traditional paella, native to Valencia. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Valencia.
|Day 4||Granada||Granada and the Alhambra Palace.: Granada is a rich oasis of Moorish architecture and flourishing Romany culture. A Local Expert will show you the exquisite Alhambra Palace and exotic water gardens built by the Moors in the 13th century. Enjoy a relaxed evening soaking up the views from your hotel or take a stroll on Plaza de Bib-Rambla for dinner. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Alhambra Palace, Granada.
|Day 5||Seville||Cordoba and Seville.: Journey through the silent sierras to Cordoba with views of the Old Roman Bridge. Arrive at the magni?cent Mezquita, one of the greatest works of Islamic architecture. Your Local Expert will walk you through a forest of delicate arches and pillars to the opulent Christian cathedral nestled within. Stroll through the Jewish Quarter before continuing to the stunning Andalusian capital of Seville. Dinner tonight is accompanied by the music of a classical guitarist at an elegant restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 6||Seville||Seville, the City of Carmen.: Join your Local Expert for a walk through the white-washed alleys and ?ower-decked squares of the Santa Cruz quarter. Emerge near the cathedral. Explore Seville Your Way with a choice to either visit the main chapel and tomb of Columbus or relax with a cocktail on a rooftop with views of the city. An 18th century mansion hosts you for a drink, followed by an intimate and passionate performance of ?ery ?amenco. Enjoy free time before a romantic horse and carriage ride through the charming streets. (Breakfast)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 7||Seville||The Flavours of Andalusia.: Discover the ?avours of Andalusia during a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Learn the culinary secrets to some of Spain's most popular dishes and enjoy tasting your own creations at lunch, along with a glass or two of wine. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps bask in the sun in Parque de Maria Luisa? (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 8||Lisbon||Across the Alentejo to Lisbon.: Continue across the wide Alentejo Plateau to the Portuguese capital of Lisbon. This evening take in an emotive performance of the UNESCO recognised art of Fado at a local Fado house while enjoying a traditional Portuguese dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Pousada de Lisboa, Lisbon.
|Day 9||Lisbon||Lisbon and the Age of Discoveries.: With your Local Expert, visit the Belem Quarter, where sailing ships once set forth to discover unknown lands. View the Monument to the Discoveries and the ancient Belem Tower, a fortress that was originally set in the middle of the river but with receding waters, now sits on the riverbank. Visit the 500-year-old Jeronimos Monastery and cloisters with its Manueline architecture, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Breakfast)|
Pousada de Lisboa, Lisbon.
|Day 10||Evora||Forever Evora.: Continue to the lively university town of Evora, one of the best preserved towns in Portugal, with Architectural styles dating back to Roman Times. Join your Local Expert for a walk around the city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This afternoon head to a local winery to explore the estate, learn about their wine making process and taste a selection of their tantalising wines. Dine in your hotel this evening on traditional Portuguese dishes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Convento do Espinheiro, Evora.
|Day 11||Madrid||The Roman Ruins of Merida and Madrid.: Venture across patterned agricultural lands to the Spanish border and continue to Merida, famous for its extensive Roman ruins. Visit the well-preserved Roman Theatre where a variety of plays were once performed to delight the patrons of ancient Lusitania. Journey through the sun-baked landscapes of Extremadura to the stately Spanish capital, Madrid. With the evening at leisure to explore as you wish, perhaps stroll Calle Serrano, Madrid's most famous and elegant shopping street, before savouring some local cuisine? (Breakfast)|
Gran Melia Fenix, Madrid.
|Day 12||Madrid||Madrid of the Bourbons.: Admire the tree-lined avenues, Cibeles Fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace as you explore the heart of Madrid. Continue through the Puerta del Sol to the magni?cent Prado Museum, where an art historian provides an in-depth look at the world's ?nest collection of Spanish paintings. In the afternoon, enjoy time at leisure to further explore the glories of Madrid. This evening, you're invited to the Michelin-starred Albora Bar and Restaurant for your Celebration Dinner. Raise a glass to new memories and friendships, as you dine on classic cuisine in a stylish, modern setting. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Gran Melia Fenix, Madrid.
|Day 13||Madrid||Depart Madrid.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Madrid Barajas Airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2021 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class