From the Salem Witch Trials to the Headless Horseman, New England is home to some of the nation's oldest settings and stories. Fact, fiction, and fantastic scenery abound on this vacation to New England and the Hudson Valley. Boston and Concord's most significant sights of the American Revolution are balanced with the peaceful vistas of coastal Maine, rural New Hampshire, and mountainous Vermont. Charming seaport villages, bucolic covered bridges, and rolling maple syrup farms sweeten the storylines across America's historic East Coast. The plot thickens as you ferry across Lake Champlain to immerse yourself in the scene stealers of New York and Massachusetts, including the lakeside resort of Lake Placid, the picturesque Berkshire Mountains, and the orchard- and vineyard-dotted riverbanks of the Hudson Valley. Stand up straight as you visit the waterfront U.S. Military Academy at West Point Military. You wouldn't want to miss the spectacular views. Adding two nights in the 'City That Never Sleeps' to the beginning of your Eastern U.S. tour makes this vacation an absolute dream. Enjoy a narrated, skyline harbor cruise with close-up views of Manhattan's iconic sights before floating down Fifth Avenue, through Central Park, under the marquees of Broadway, or wherever else your cosmopolitan compass takes you.
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15038519
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New York||Welcome to New York City! Your evening is free.|
|Day 2||New York||NEW YORK CITY Sightseeing cruise. Remainder of the day is free. (B)|
|Day 3||Boston||Welcome to Boston! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 4||Boston||LEXINGTON Visit Lexington Common National Historic Site, including Battle Green, the Minuteman Statue, and the historic Buckman Tavern. Historic drive to Concord.CONCORD Visit the Old North Bridge followed by lunch at the historic [LF] Concord Colonial Inn. Return to Boston.BOSTON Sightseeing with a Local Guide. Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Portland||SALEM Sightseeing with a Local Guide. Scenic drive along the coastline into Maine includes a stop at Cape Neddick's Nubble Lighthouse en route to Portland.PORTLAND Orientation tour and [LF] lighthouse-keeper presentation. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Jackson||PORTLAND Free time this morning before driving to Freeport.FREEPORT Orientation walk includes a regional treat tasting. Scenic drive through New Hampshire's White Mountains to Jackson.JACKSON Free time this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||LUDLOW||JACKSON Scenic drive into the Green Mountains in Vermont.MONTPELIER Visit a maple syrup farm for a local treat. Scenic drive to Ludlow.LUDLOW Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Lake Placid||SHELBURNE Visit Shelburne Heritage Park. Wine tasting at Shelburne Vineyard.LAKE CHAMPLAIN Scenic ferry crossing on Lake Champlain to New York. Continue to Lake Placid.LAKE PLACID Free time this evening. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Lake Placid with a walk along Mirror Lake. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||Lake Placid||LAKE PLACID Guided visits of the Olympic Museum, Olympic Center Ice Rink, and the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 10||BERKSHIRES||LAKE PLACID Scenic drive through the Adirondack Mountains to Saratoga Springs.SARATOGA SPRINGS Free time.BERKSHIRES Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 11||Tarrytown||BERKSHIRES Guided visit of Chesterwood Residence and Gardens. Continue through the Hudson Valley en route to West Point.WEST POINT Military Academy tour with a Local Guide.TARRYTOWN Farewell dinner this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 12||New York||TARRYTOWN Free time this morning before driving to Newark.NEWARK Your vacation ends at Newark International Airport. Schedule departing flights Newark after 4 pm. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).