Pearls of the Adriatic Northbound Main Deck
Brochure Type: Europe Britain Presale 2021 TTUSAS
Cruise the soul-stirring Croatian coastline from Dubrovnik to Opatija, delving behind the ancient walls of fortified towns and into a tranquil retreat that has attracted royalty over the centuries.
- VISIT Dubrovnik, Metkovic, the Narona Archaeological Museum, Split Market, Skradin, Bibich winery, Krka Waterfalls National Park, Skradinski Buk, Sibenik, Zadar and Volokso
- SEE the Augusteum Roman Temple in Metkovic and the Zadar Sea Organ
- 8 breakfasts
- 6 lunches
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15046058
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dubrovnik||Arrive Dubrovnik: Imposing stone walls encircle the Old Town of Croatia's most recognisable city. On arrival in Dubrovnik, you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore 'paradise on earth' in the words of George Bernard Shaw. Your local host will meet you and provide suggestions on how to explore the city's limestone streets and elegant courtyards lined with remnants of Dubrovnik's Golden Age.|
|Day 2||Korcula||Embark 7-Day Cruise - Korcula: A leisurely start to your day could see you get your final fix of Dubrovnik. Then, transfer to the MV Aquamarin where you'll meet your onboard team. Set sail for Korcula, most famously the birthplace of Marco Polo and reminiscent of Dubrovnik with its medieval squares, churches and palaces. You'll discover why the locals call it 'The Black Island' and see how its towering walls have shielded its capital for centuries as it came under the rule of the Greeks, the Romans, the Venetians and even the British. After a tour through the Old Town's narrow streets, you'll have time to soak up the local atmosphere in one of the many konobas, restaurants or cocktail bars.|
|Day 3||Metkovic||Korcula - Metkovic: Follow in the footsteps of ancient Illyrian, Greek and Roman sailors as you cruise to Metkovic. It's here, on the banks of the Neretva, that you'll find one of the last remaining wetland deltas in Europe. A barge ride into the groves provides the perfect opportunity to view the local flora, fauna and birdlife. Next, visit the Narona Archaeological Museum, where you'll see the remains of the Augusteum Roman temple, at the heart of what was once a major Roman stronghold. Tonight, you'll be hosted by the Captain for dinner.|
|Day 4||Split||Metkovic - Split: Your cruise continues towards the capital of Dalmatia and the home to the UNESCO-listed Diocletian's palace. Explore Split's buzzing historical town centre on foot with your 'Local Specialist' who will share all the iconic and unexpected highlights with you as you wind your way towards Split Market at the heart of Croatia's second-largest city. Watch the animated vendors ply their fruits, fish and vegetables to locals visiting the market for their daily grocery run. You'll be tempted to stay in Split forever, but the comfort of your ship beckons and you'll return to it later this afternoon.|
|Day 5||Sibenik||Split - Krka Waterfalls - Sibenik: Arrive in Skradin and travel to Bibich winery where you'll get to sample some of the indigenous varietals produced by this boutique family-owned winery. Next up is a visit to Krka Waterfalls National Park, where you'll visit 'Skradinski Buk', a spectacular vantage point from which to view 17 separate falls cascading 45 metres to the pools below. Refreshed after taking a dip in the crystal waters, you'll have the afternoon to explore the cultural monuments and waterfront attractions of Šibenik, a historic city along the Dalmatian coast and the oldest native Croatian town on the shores of the Adriatic.|
|Day 6||Zadar||Sibenik - Zadar: Cruise to Zadar, Croatia's oldest university town. From the 1st-century Roman forum to the 9th-century St. Donat Church, there's history around every turn. After exploring the wealth of museums, churches and palaces, you'll make your way to Zadar's Riva to see (and hear) the mesmerising Sea Organ, comprising several stairs that descend into the sea.|
|Day 7||Rab Island||Zadar - Rab Island: Today you'll explore the 'island of love'. A guided tour of Rab will reveal its highlights, including its ancient walls, church bell towers and the monastery at the 16th-century Church of St. Justine. Sample Rab cake and enjoy a presentation of how this local delight is made. Rub shoulders with local artists who add a splash of colour to the streets of the town before returning to your cruise ship.|
|Day 8||Opatija||Rab Island - Opatija: Opatija was a favourite getaway of the Habsburgs and it will be for you too. Often compared to the French Riviera, the area has a colourful history which is brought to life by your 'Local Specialist'. Savour the town's cafe culture and stroll down Franz Joseph promenade to the fishing village of Volosko. Tonight your Farewell Dinner on board is paired with live entertainment.|
|Day 9||Zagreb||Opatija - Depart Zagreb: Say a fond farewell to your newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable journey. Transfers are available to Zagreb airport. Conditions apply.|
- The 'Pearls of the Adriatic' cruise joins seamlessly with either the 'Best of Croatia and Slovenia' trip (CRSL) or the 'Contrasts of Italy' trip (ITGV) with all transfers included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class