Five Epic National Parks
Insider Experiences-Connect With Locals
Tour Type: Discovery
Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2024 v2
Ticking off five National Parks in just nine days, delve into the splendour of the Old West, from the peaks of the Grand Tetons, bubbling mudpots and shooting geysers at Yellowstone National Park, and spires of Bryce Canyon. Cap it off with a relaxing tram ride through Zion National Park and a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER experience in the heart of the Grand Canyon.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
Be My Guest
- Pocatello: Take a tour of Swore Farms and learn where and how crops are grown followed by a lunch in the greenhouse.
- Jackson: Take a scenic float trip on Snake River, taking in a new perspective of the famed Grand Tetons.
- Grand Teton National Park: See Grand Teton National park with the shimmering peaks of the Teton range rising up above alpine forests and lakes. The park is famous for it's 40-mile long Teton Mountain Range including the major peaks of that particular range.
- Yellowstone National Park: Without a doubt a bucket list destination for many travelers - welcome to Yellowstone National Park. Established as America's first National Park by President Grant in 1872 Yellowstone is famous for it's hot springs, bubbling mud pots, vast canyons and lush forests as far as the eye can see.
- Salt Lake City: Your Tour Director will point out key features and areas of interest on arrival to Salt Lake City.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Pink, orange and rusty-red limestone spires, known as hoodoos, rise up from the desert floor at Bryce Canyon, home to the largest collection of these spires in the world.
- Zion National Park: Connect to history as you wander paths and trails, following in the footsteps of Native Americans and the earliest pioneers. Lush vegetation, wild rivers, roaring waterfalls and towering cliffs characterise the natural beauty of this park.
- Zion National Park: Take a private 90-minute tram tour exploring the valley floor of Zion National Park.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Arrive at one of the seven natural wonders of the world and the second most visited national park in the United States, the Grand Canyon. Encompassing 278 miles (447 km) of the Colorado River and adjacent uplands, Grand Canyon is one of the most spectacular examples of erosion anywhere in the world and offers unmatched vistas along its rim.
- Las Vegas: Stop at Kingman and Seligman - historic towns on Route 66.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER
- Grand Canyon: Travel to Desert View and bask in the views of the Grand Canyon and the iconic watchtower decorated with its Hopi artist murals. Make your way to an Inter-tribal Cultural Heritage site where members share their stories, family histories and provide cultural demonstrations such as carpet weaving and traditional song and dance performances. Our visit and donation provide a continuous source of seed funding for the heritage site while allowing guests to engage directly with Indigenous community members.
- : Visit Jackson, Grand Teton National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Williams, Cameron Trading Post
- : Visit a farm in Idaho for a tour and hosted lunch
- : Explore the many facets of Yellowstone National Park with its geysers, hot springs, deep canyon and wildlife
- : Discover Grand Canyon National Park including Desert View Point
- : Scenic Cruise down the Snake River on a float trip
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : All transport and transfers shown
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All transport and transfers shown
Call 866-547-5362 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17695315
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Jackson Hole||Howdy Jackson: Your journey through the Old West and epic national landmarks begins in the intrepid adventurer's town of Jackson. Check in to your hotel and enjoy an afternoon strolling the art galleries in town (Jackson's ranked as one of the top five art markets in the country!) before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception this evening.|
49'er Inn & Suites
|Day 2||Grand Teton National Park||Go Wild In Grand Teton National Park: Begin your first full day of the tour, excitement building, with a filling breakfast before you head out to your first national park. It's a big day and an early start to take advantage of the dazzling natural wonders of the Grand Teton National Park. Float down the Snake River^ (weather dependent) basking in the mountain views and eyes peeled for beaver, cutthroat trout, cliff swallows, pelicans, osprey, and bald eagles amidst the pine-clad riverbanks. Bring your cameras or borrow their complimentary binoculars! Guides will also share the history, geology, and wildlife of the region elevating your experience in this beautiful place. The rest of the evening will be at leisure.|
49'er Inn & Suites
|Day 3||Yellowstone||Delve Into The Wild Scenery Of The West: Explore the alpine landscapes of Grand Teton National Park keeping your camera at hand to capture the mountain meadows and towering peaks that provide a picturesque backdrop for today's drive to West Yellowstone, the gateway to the world's oldest national park and a boon for outdoors enthusiasts of all ages.|
Gray Wolf Inn & Suites
|Day 4||Yellowstone||Admire The Geysers Of Yellowstone: Journey to Yellowstone, the America's first national park, where you'll encounter a geothermal wonderland of spouting geysers, bubbling mudpots and turquoise hot springs. Pay a visit to Old Faithful, watching as its waters arc high into the air, and try to spot the park's resident bison, grizzlies and elk as you navigate passes and valleys during this full day of sightseeing.|
Gray Wolf Inn & Suites
|Day 5||Salt Lake City||Delve Into Historic Salt Lake City Connect with Locals: Leave Yellowstone and head to Salt Lake City with a stop in Pocatello for a special Be My Guest lunch at Swore Farms, family owned and operated for over 20 years. Meet Wendy, mother, farmer and award winning author as you enjoy a tour of the farm and greenhouses followed by lunch. You'll get a glimpse of Wendy's life and her family's passion for farming and living a rural lifestyle. Travel south to Utah's capital, the centre of the Mormon religion. Delve into history at the Salt Lake City Temple Square and take this time to explore at your leisure. This evening, join your fellow travellers to enjoy a regional dinner.|
Sheraton Salt Lake City
|Day 6||Springdale||Unmask Bryce Canyon National Park: The eerie hoodoo landscapes of Bryce Canyon are our first stop today. Admire its fairytale castles, cathedrals and secret hideaways amidst an amphitheatre of rusty red limestone spires. We'll continue to Zion National Park with its towering cream, pink and red cliffs and unusual biodiversity.|
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham at Zion Park/Springdale
|Day 7||Zion Canyon||A Scenic Ride Through Zion Canyon Make Travel Matter: Prior to starting your day, enjoy breakfast at your hotel. Then head on a tram ride through Zion Canyon, against the backdrop of soaring canyon walls and along the Virgin River, delving into some of the park's most treasured spots. We continue to the historic railroad town of Williams, stopping en route at Desert View and join a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience with epic views of the Grand Canyon. The iconic watchtower built in 1932, is now an Intertribal Cultural Heritage Site, and here you can meet artisans from the 11 traditionally associated tribes of the Grand Canyon region.|
Grand Canyon Railway
|Day 8||Grand Canyon||Visit the Grand Canyon: Today, guests can choose to add a flightseeing ride before spending free time in the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon. Enjoy a visit to Grand Canyon National Park, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and learn how this extraordinary feat of nature developed over the past 40 million years. This evening guests will experience a Farewell Dinner at the Fred Harvey restaurant.|
Grand Canyon Railway
|Day 9||Las Vegas||One Last Scenic Desert Drive: Slice through desert landscapes bound for the desert playground of Las Vegas where you will be transferred to Las Vegas Harry Reid International Airport or consider extending your stay. Airport arrival approximately 1:00 pm.|